Autumn

Autumn

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter Recipes! Snow Ice Cream and Snow Smoothies!

I cannot believe I've only discovered these two ideas recently - one from the radio and one of my own making (though someone else has probably discovered it too).

The first idea was one mentioned on the radio: snow ice cream. Living in Michigan this winter, snow is something we have had in abundance for the last three months, so now I am finally making good use of it.

Snow Ice Cream is simple. You take 4 cups of clean, fresh snow, 1/4 c. sugar (or 1/8 c. stevia), 1/2 c. milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix together and enjoy. What a quick, tasty winter treat!


Snow Smoothies are simple too. The snow replaces ice cubes and serves to thicken the smoothie and make it cooler. I have used snow in my morning green smoothies a few times so far with great results. One example recipe is below.

1 c. spinach leaves
1 frozen, slightly thawed banana
1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. milk (soy, almond, etc.)
1 c. snow

Mix all in a blender and enjoy! Snow is so much better than ice cubes - it's easier on your blender and mixes so well without any little ice chunks leftover that your blender might have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).