Autumn

Autumn

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Meals and More from Grand Rapids

I am now in Grand Rapids, Michigan! In order to stay fit and healthy while juggling a new job, I have a couple goals. First, I want to experiment with new recipes by cooking or baking at least 5 times per week. Second, I am going to do some sort of athletic activity every day, whether that be biking 8 miles round trip to work, running, lifting weights in my apartment, etc.

I think I'm off to a good start and will share a couple meals with you today in addition to some pictures from a bike ride to the Frederick Meijer Sculpture Garden.

I visited a farmers' market this weekend and bought some zucchini and cucumber. I decided to make a salad with the yellow zucchini and tuna boats with my cucumber.


Yes, this is a very simple salad with spinach leaves, yellow zucchini, and turkey slices. I mixed some rice vinegar and raspberry vinaigrette together for the dressing.


This was fun to make! I just mixed a can of tuna with 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp honey mustard, and a pinch of pepper and cumin.

And now for some pictures from the Frederick Meijer Sculpture Garden. First we have some carnivorous plants:




Then we have some plant sculptures!



Stay tuned for reviews and giveaways to come soon! Hope you all had a great weekend!




1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).