Autumn

Autumn

Monday, October 10, 2011

Easy Sugar Cookies

Good morning all!  I had a wonderful weekend enjoying the beautiful autumn weather here in Illinois.  I also took some time to bake some sugar cookies.  I don't bake very often, so this was a fun treat. 

Easy Sugar Cookies (Makes 10 servings)

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions

1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture.

2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

You can find the recipe with nutritional facts here.  They were tasty :-).



~


1 comment:

  1. I love sugar cookies. I've missed visiting! I'm so glad my arm is healing and I can type again. This looks so good (as always) and I'm already hungry again even though I just finished breakfast. Much love and many blessings from Austin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).