Autumn

Autumn

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

What a gorgeous St. Patrick's Day here at the University of Illinois!  The sun is shining, temps are in the 60s, a light breeze is blowing, AND flowers are blooming.  I am filled with the joy that only spring can bring :-). 

I decided to cook up a special dessert for myself today too: Tapioca Pudding.  I browsed a few recipes online and came up with my own crockpot version.  I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome:


Easy Crockpot Tapioca Pudding

3.5 cups milk
.5 cup small pearl tapioca
1/3 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla

I mixed all of the above together in my crockpot and then set it to high.  After about 30min. I stirred the mix and then turned it on low (since I don't have a medium setting).  I stirred it every hour or so and after 3hrs. turned it back on high for about 45min. until the pudding had thickened.

That's it!  You can add more or less sugar as you desire, in addition to other flavorings or spices.  You can even top it with slivered almonds or other nuts for an extra special treat. I think I'll be making this more often now that I've discovered I don't have to make it on the stove :-).

~

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good. Of course I have never eaten tapioca before. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).