Autumn

Autumn

Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Publishing Company: Luscious Vegan Desserts

Book Publishing Company is doing an online promotion called, "Luscious Vegan Desserts"! 


Click here to enter to win a free dessert book or buy one!  I was sent a review copy of More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally.  It has a great collection of dairy and egg-free recipes ranging from cookies and puddings to smoothies.  The first chapter detailed the essential ingredients and equipment for a "nondairy, egg-free baker's dessert kitchen."  This was VERY helpful!  My only complaint about the actual recipes was that they didn't have nutrition facts.  The recipe I decided to try out first was the Virtuous Vanilla Cake.  Of course, you may know by now that I have trouble following recipes, so here is a link to my modified version.  I can't help it - I don't like being constrained :-).



I was quite impressed!  The cake turned out kind of spongy and similar to a pound cake in texture.  I loved the vanilla flavor and the sweetness level was perfect for me.  I do regret not using coconut oil in place of the canola oil though.  I used olive oil since that is what I had on hand.  It worked out just fine, but it would have been neat to see how coconut oil would have worked :-).



Yay for cake that's full of wonderful ingredients!

Have a fabulous Halloween weekend!


~

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful Halloween weekend too! Thank you for sharing this with me...I adore making vegan desserts, but I don't do it nearly as much as I should!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).