Autumn

Autumn

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Some new products!

First, I'm super excited to share that I finally bought myself a foam roller!  It's a 24in. Altus foam roller, and I tried it last night and loved it!  It perfectly complements my Yoga Tune Up balls :-).  I'm so happy to have joined all you other foam roller owning bloggers.

I was also recently sent a scale free of charge to review from My Weigh.  This site has SO many different types of scales - it's amazing!  They also happen to be the #1 selling brand of talking scales in the US and Canada (I don't think I'd like a talking scale though!).  I was actually sent the KD-8000.  Here are its specs:

  • Great for the home, office, laboratory, workshop, classroom & more!

  • Precise 1g/0.05oz readability

  • Reads in grams, ounces, kilograms, pounds & pounds: ounces

  • Programmable power-off feature

  • Optional AC Adaptor

  • Easy-to-read backlit 5-digit LCD display

  • Protective removable LCD cover

  • Runs on 3 AA batteries

  • Adjustable backlight feature

  • NEW! Baker's Math/Percentage Weighing
Here are a couple pictures:



My initial rating is a 10 of 10!  I'll continue to show this scale in future posts when I use it in recipes and other projects, and I'll let you know if I have any issues, but so far it's working great, and it's a fun scale to use!  The size is great, and it has a truly easy-to-read backlit display.  It's also very "professional" looking, and it has a lifetime 30-year warranty - you can't get much better than that!

I also finally got around to using my second free packet of PureVia sweetener that I was sent to review.  I decided to add it to some plain yogurt, and the result was fantastic!  Here's the yogurt I added the packet to:


10 of 10 for the PureVia!  It totally got rid of the plain yogurt's sour taste and replaced it with a wonderful sweetness.  It made me quite happy :-).  Usually I just add fruit to plain yogurt to sweeten it, but it was nice to try something new.

Here's a close-up picture of a Barberry Bush in my parents' yard after a heavy rain.  I just love rain droplets on leaves!


I hope you're all enjoying some nice weather and good eats!

~

2 comments:

  1. Great product reviews. I only eat plain yogurt, and I am very interested in trying the sweetener. Thanks for sharing!
    http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried a foam roller but have heard wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).