Autumn

Autumn

Friday, November 9, 2012

Shiloh Farms Review

Shiloh Farms recently sent me a lovely complimentary package of products to review. Shiloh Farms foods are "pure and wholesome, with no artificial ingredients, no preservatives and only natural flavor." You can check out a timeline for the interesting history of Shiloh Farms here. The Shiloh Farms Blog states that their mission is "to provide great tasting organic and natural foods for people who want a wholesome, healthy diet." I can certainly support a mission like that! Their blog also has lots of recipes you should check out.

I was very excited to receive my package, and my kitten loved the box!

The first product I tried was the organic sprouted corn bread and muffin mix. My kitten loved this product the most.


THIS IS MOI MIX! OM NOM NOM!



Sprouted corn bread and muffin mix: 9.5 of 10. These muffins are a great addition to any meal, especially during the fall season, and they turned out wonderfully. They were moist with a hearty corn flavor, and less "fake" than the yellow cornmeal muffin mixes I am used to.



Carob Powder: 10 of 10. I had never tried carob powder prior to receiving this sample, but I like the slightly bitter, slightly sweet flavor that is somewhat like cocoa powder with a milder chocolate flavor. It worked quiet well in the mini chocolate cake pictured above (with pomegranate seeds!) that I actually made in a mug in the microwave. I have also successfully used this powder in my green smoothies and oatmeal.




Soybean Flakes: 10 of 10. These are more hearty and a better source of protein than regular oats, yet they are just as easy to cook. I definitely enjoyed these thick, substantial flakes with a slightly nutty flavor and look forward to trying them in recipes other than just mixed with yogurt and chia seeds (pictured above).

I enjoyed trying the Shiloh Farms products listed above, and I hope you check them out for yourself! Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).