Autumn

Autumn

Monday, April 25, 2011

EnergyFirst Review

Today I am going to review a few EnergyFirst products for you all.  EnergyFirst sells a variety of products including whey protein isolate, protein shake kits, green drink powder, and protein nutrition bars.  Here is the EnergyFirst mission statement:

"We change lives. We create energy, success, and ultimate well-being through our Program and paradigm for healthy living. Core to our Program is the EnergyFirst Shake, the world’s best tasting, highest quality, all natural meal replacement protein shake."

That is certainly a powerful statement demonstrating serious commitment, and it must be working since they currently have 8,331 fans on their facebook page.

I was sent the following complimentary products for review: two protein powder packets, a green drink powder packet, and two protein bars.  I'll be reviewing the drinks today!



The first protein powder I tried was the ProEnergy Ultimate Vanilla.  I mixed it with milk first, tried a few sips, and then added some wheatgrass.  The final product is pictured below.


ProEnergy Ultimate Vanilla: 9.5 of 10.  This powder provided a very rich vanilla flavor and blended quite well into my milk.  I loved how smooth the resulting drink was.  After I added the wheatgrass, that flavor was most predominant, but I could still taste the vanilla.


ProEnergy Chocolate Decadence: 10 of 10! My first reaction to this drink was WOW!  It was so rich and creamy, yet not overly sweet or too chocolately.  It was a mild milk chocolate flavor and not bitter at all.  Like the vanilla, it blended very well into the milk.


Greenergy: 9 of 10.  I mixed my green drink powder with 1c. milk, 1/4 c. frozen blueberries, and 1/2 of a frozen banana.  The result wasn't as sweet as I might have liked, but it was still quite tasty with a mild 'green' taste.  It's similar to a green smoothie using spinach leaves, but the powder blends in much better and also provides some extra nutrients.  I think this would be a quick and easy way to add some additional 'greens' into your diet.

Overall, I really enjoyed the above EnergyFirst products, especially the Chocolate Decadence whey protein isolate - YUM!


~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).