Autumn

Autumn

Friday, June 4, 2010

Dr. Kracker knows how to make a cracker!

I was recently sent some Dr. Kracker samples free of charge to review on my blog.  I have seen these crackers on other food blogs, but I had never tried them myself.  Dr. Kracker's website tells it like it is with the claim that they're the "The Home of Uber Crunch".  Yes, their crackers are that crunchy!  Dr. Kracker also has an interesting history that you can find out more about here.  The website also states that:

"Inspired by the delicious traditional flatbreads of Germany, our Dr. Kracker crackers are made with a blend of nature's best organic whole grains and seeds, then yeast-raised and artisan-baked to perfect crispness.  Available in eight stupendous flavors, we make sure that every bite of every Dr. Kracker cracker bursts with texture, character, and gusto. No-nonsense. Not for the faint of heart. And, everything you always wanted in a cracker."

Their mission states: "Our Flatbreads and Snacker Krackers are 100% percent natural, and USDA certified organic. We bake with whole grains and seeds, and none of our crackers contain trans fats."

Sounds good!  But do the crackers actually live up to those words of praise??  Well, you'll just have to read on to find out :-).

Fire Roasted Crisps




9 of 10. Hot and spicy! Great tomato flavor and cheese on top.  It was like a pizza flavored cracker.  Crisp, crunchy, and hearty too.  My only complaint is that there were some burnt toppings :-(

My mom and brother also tried them.  My brother said they were pretty good, and my mom loved them.  She actually gave them a 10 of 10!  She loved the crunch and "fire" :-)

Apple Crisps




10 of 10!  Wow!  These had the perfect amount of sweetness, and I loved the apple chunks and seeds on top!  They were crisp, thick and hearty.  A wonderful snack or treat :-).

I'm impressed with Dr. Kracker so far.  In fact, I think that they might be the best crackers I've ever had!  I'll keep you updated with more reviews to come.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

~

3 comments:

  1. These look really good!! I'll have to scope them out :)
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fire roasted were perfect! I haven't opened my apple yet though. I need to get on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love dr kracker - i agree they make the best stuff. i like the big ones better, just so i can spread more stuff on them....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).