Autumn

Autumn

Monday, June 7, 2010

Book Review for Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose

I was lucky enough to be chosen to receive two free advanced copies of Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.  Today, June 7, 2010, is the official launch date for the book, which you can purchase online at Amazon.com here.  There is also a great website for the book here.



I'm not sure why I can't get this video to fit my blog layout, but you can watch it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxursecvI-s&feature=player_embedded.

Now for my review!

While I'm not necessarily interested in being an entrepreneur like Tony Hsieh, I found his book to be a great read that was hard to put down.  I really enjoyed reading about his childhood and college adventures leading up to his adult pursuits.  He was a true go-getter (and still is!) who wasn't afraid to take risks.  He made mistakes along the way, but learned from them, as is evident in his great success with Zappos! 

I especially enjoyed learning about how Zappos spends so much energy on customer service, good vendor relations, and maintaining a vibrant compnay culture.  The Zappos culture is based on 10 core values that everyone is wholeheartedly committed to.  Honestly, after reading this book I nearly wanted to head to Vegas and work for Zappos!

Yet this book is not about convincing you to work or buy from Zappos (though that could very well be a side effect).  The goal is to share tips and pointers for running a successful business and living a purpose-driven life full of happiness.  I honestly believe that anyone who reads Delivering Happiness will learn something new that they can take away and apply to their life. 

This book is well-written and easy-to-read.  I give it a 10 out of 10!  Read it and be inspired!

Disclaimer: I received free advanced copies of this book, and my statements are my honest opinions of the book.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Great review and I'm so glad you were able to get a free advance copy!! I just loved this book! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).