Autumn

Autumn

Friday, April 1, 2011

Vegan Bites: Recipes for Singles

Before I get into this post, I have to tell you all how excited I am about Gmail Motion!  I'm eagerly anticipating the next logical progression: Blogger Motion!

That said, today I want to remind you that Book Publishing Company is running a special campaign during March and April called, "Live Delicious - Eat Vegan." They'll be giving away another free vegan cookbook this month, and you can enter here!

 
I was sent a complimentary review copy of Vegan Bites: Recipes for Singles.  This is a great book for me since I am single and often cook meals for one.  Of course, many of the recipes still create 2 or more servings, so don't shy away if you cook for more than one person.  The book starts out with a nice introduction including a comprehensive listing of kitchen and pantry essentials.  Then it dives right into a bunch of recipes.  The design and layout of the book really impressed me.  It's a joy to flip through, despite the fact that there aren't any color photographs.
 

 

I'm going to share one recipe from the book with you: Whipped Tofu Topping.  It was incredibly easy to make, but let me warn you that it doesn't really replicate dairy whipped cream.  The tofu taste is still there, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (unless you don't like tofu).  And perhaps the fact that I didn't use silken tofu made a difference... I simply used the tofu I had on hand (pictured below).  I enjoyed it with fresh fruit and pancakes :-).




 P.S. I know Gmail Motion is an April Fool's joke, but it's a good one :-).

~

1 comment:

  1. i'm always trying to incorporate a vegan dish or two into my life, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).