Autumn

Autumn

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Newman's Own Organics Chocolate Review

Yes, another Newman's Own Organics review :-).  Click here for my past ones.

Now, who doesn't like to review chocolate?!  It's so fun and delectable!  Here are the flavors I got to try:



I gave a couple of the bars to my parents to review and then reviewed the rest myself :-).

Mocha Milk Chocolate: 8 of 10.
Mom: Not a big fan of the "mocha" flavor.  Noticed a gritty texture too.

Milk Chocolate: 9 of 10.
Mom: Cute bar with good taste and texture - very creamy.  Cocoa milk - yum!  If there were added almonds, it would be perfect.
Dad: Good taste but occasional gritty texture.

Now for my reviews...

Orange Dark Chocolate: 9.5 of 10.  Rich and creamy with a nice hint of orange that isn't overpowering.  A very cool flavor combo!

Espresso Dark Chocolate: 8.5 of 10. Smooth and creamy for the most part, but sometimes a tad gritty :-(.  I enjoyed the espresso taste since it wasn't too overpowering.

Super Dark Chocolate: 9.5 of 10.  Smooth with just a little "bite" to it that is often characteristic of super dark chocolate.

Dark Chocolate: 10 of 10!  My favorite :-).  Creamy and not bitter at all.  It actually tasted like it had mint in it?  But that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned!


Now for some nature pictures I took on a recent bike ride!  I've built up to a couple 18 mile rides already... but the first day of RAGBRAI is almost 70 miles, so I have some longer rides still in store for me.  I hope I'll be ready come July 25!





Oh, and one last picture of my family's kitten for some comic relief :-)


Silly kitty!!!

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

~

7 comments:

  1. i tried all those and loved the dark chocolate one the most too! it was just sweet enough but bitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! So many great chocolate flavors in this post :) Love your photographs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to try all of this chocolate...and to play with that adorable kitten!
    http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally don't comment when I visit but that kitten stole my heart. What a wonderful photo :-). I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PHOTOS...... I'll be smiling all day after seeing your kitten photo!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the orange flavor, too! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just remembered i have some newman's chocolate still stashed in my pantry somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).