Autumn

Autumn

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Good Bean Review

Have you ever tried roasted chickpeas? Have you tried baking them for yourself and failed? I have, and for that reason I am excited to share some new products with you. The Good Bean is a company that started by selling all-natural roasted chickpea snacks in 4 flavors in 2010. These are an excellent alternative to standard snacks like chips, nuts, pretzels and popcorn because they're gluten-free, nut-free, high protein, high fiber, and low fat. In 2012, the Good Bean Fruit & No-Nut Bar was released. These are wholesome snack bars in which nuts are replaced with high-fiber, high-protein chickpeas for a bar that has 40-60% less fat than the competition. Learn more here!

Below are the products I was sent to review:


Smoky Chili and Lime: 9.5 of 10. Both flavors come through and are strong and delicious. This snack is satisfying, and the beans are quite crunchy... these are much better than the ones I attempted to make awhile ago.

Sweet Cinnamon: 9 of 10. Love that this tastes like a dessert and yet it's healthy and good for me.

Cracked Pepper: 9.5 of 10. These are fiery! They made my mouth hot, but it was a pleasant heat.

Sea Salt: 9.5 of 10. These were a great salty, crunchy snack. I added raisins to them for a tasty salty and sweet snack.

Fruit and Seeds Trail Mix Bar: 9 of 10. The chickpeas had a thick texture and reminded me of nuts - go figure! This bar had a lovely sweet, fruity flavor and I enjoyed the seeds too!

Apricot Coconut Bar: 11 of 10! This was so surprisingly delicious!! Sweet coconut, apricot, cinnamon and other wonderful flavors. This bar had a great texture and was like a fabulous dessert.

Chocolate Berry Bar: 10 of 10. A sweet, dessert-like bar with great-tasting chocolate. Yum!

I definitely encourage you to try some of The Good Bean products, especially the Apricot Coconut Bar. You won't be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).