Autumn

Autumn

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yantra Mat and Kettlebells

More new products!  First, I was sent a complimentary Yanta Mat to review from Yantra Mat USA.  The Yantra Mat has 8,820 to 14,616 acupressure points depending on the size of the mat!!  The webiste states:

"The healing art of acupressure has its roots in traditional Chinese medicine. Scriptures written over 4,000 years ago describe "nail beds" that were used to heal the body and mind."

"Acupressure may even induce the release of endorphins and oxytocin, the body’s own pain-relieving and happiness hormones. And there is some evidence that it increases metabolism as well."

Now for some pictures so you can visualize what I'm talking about:




The website's FAQ section states:

"In minutes, you’ll feel warmth along the parts of your body touching the mat. That’s an increase in blood flow, a natural response to acupressure. More blood flow means improved circulation – and more nutrients throughout the body, including oxygen. This in turn lowers your blood pressure, producing a deep sense of relaxation.

The Yantra Mat also activates your body’s pain sensors, instructing the brain to release endorphins and oxytocin, your natural pain-relieving and “feel-good” hormones. Your anxieties dissipate. Relaxation deepens into peace and tranquility – making the mat especially suitable if you have trouble sleeping."

Well, I do get stressed out and sometimes I have trouble sleeping, so I figured this mat was worth a try.

First Time: I placed a thin towel over the spikes and then lay down on my back.  I didn't feel the spikes much though, so I decided to remove the towel - MUCH BETTER.  I stayed on the mat about 5min. and then got off since I didn't want to lay down too long for my first time.

Second Time: No thoughts of using a towel at all :-).  I lay down on my back again for about 6min.  This time I repeated some positive mantras in my head in order to better relax and keep my mind from wandering.

Both times I immediately felt the warm sensation along my back where I was lying on the mat.  I loved it!!  It was just a tad uncomfortable, but I know I'll get used to it soon.  I am definitely looking forward to longer sessions on the mat! 

I give The Yantra Mat a 10 of 10.  The mat is everything the website advertised, and I have enjoyed my experiences thus far.  I'll give an update later though after I've been using it for longer periods of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another new product I recently tried is a 15lb kettlebell.  I've been wanting one for awhile, so I finally purchased one from a store and did my first workout with it today.  I used Fitness Magazine's "The Amazing 37-minute Workout".  It worked well, but I do think I should practice the techniques before doing a full workout (I guess I was a bit too enthusiastic)! 

Does anyone know of some good kettlebell techniques and workouts that I can find online??

Happy Hump Day!!


~

5 comments:

  1. The Yantra mat sounds interesting..... but a little scary!! :-) I like the idea of a kettle ball. Look forward to learning of some good workout suggestions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mat sounds really interesting. I have been trying to work with a kettlebell lately it's kind of fun.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I think the word for that Mat is "interesting" lol...I feel the same way as the other bloggers.

    I heart my kettlebell! it is a great way to sneak in cardio and toning at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not worked with a kettle ball yet, but I've heard great things about it and I want to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
    http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).