Autumn

Autumn

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oats in a Jar - 2nd time

Hello all! I hope you're all staying warm during this crazy winter! I wanted to share my second OIAJ experience since the first one didn't go so well. I will say that this time it was better - mainly because of the jar's structure. The base of my Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter jar was much smoother, with fewer crevices for oats and PB to get stuck as I cleaned out the very bottom (this was the main problem last time). Otherwise, I had the same ingredients: .5c oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp. flax seed, and of course PB! The only thing I still need is a longer spoon, then this will work even better! So, there will be more OIAJ in my future - but only if I deem the container conducive to scooping PB & oats out of it :-). Here's the pic:



And here are some more winter pics taken this past week at Iowa State!





And now back to my homework! This is by far my busiest semester (which I suppose makes sense since it's my last semester of undergrad). Ah well, I'm learning lots of useful stuff so I'll just keep trucking along :-). And I'll keep doing mini yoga sessions to help keep me sane!
-
I think I'll start posting questions occassionally after my blog posts too, so here goes: What are your reactions to Jillian Michaels being sued over the weight loss supplement pills she promotes? Here's one article I found on it: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/02/11/2010-02-11_biggest_loser_trainer_jillian_michaels_sued_over_weight_loss_supplement_pills.html
-
My answer is that while I don't know much about the legality of it all or whether there are really grounds upon which to sue, I do believe that a legitimate complaint has been made. I don't think Jillian should have been advertising pills as they are a quick fix at best. Permanent weight loss should be achieved with healthy food choices and exercise if at all possible since that is most likely to lead to a healthy lifestyle change that can be maintained.
-
AND check out a cool fitness giveaway hosted by April: http://foodsofapril.com/?p=4887

3 comments:

  1. mmm OIAJ is the best thang EVA!
    the snow pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think suing Jillian is a lame idea. I mean if I wanted to make money fast, I could go out and buy ANY supplement and claim that it doesn't work (because in reality, most supplements are a waste of money). I bet that lady bought the supplement think she would lose weight fast, and not have to do anything, but come on, that's just not the case obviously! If anything, I hope it teaches people a lesson that if they want to sell a supplement, it should clearly state what it should be used for, what else you should be doing (eating right, exercising) and that it is NOT proven safe or effective by the FDA!

    Ok, I'm done with my rant. Have a nice weekend :) Don't study TOO hard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).