Autumn

Autumn

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Krema and Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter Review

First off, I'm fairly limited in my peanut butter experiences. As a kid I'd have regular Jif, Skippy, store brands, you name it. For the past year or so, I've been a big fan of Skippy Natural. But now I am proud to say I've actually tried REAL peanut butter with ONLY peanuts thanks to the Krema Peanut Butter Company that sent me their creamy and crunchy varieties. So far I've tried the creamy ones, and here's my review:

I give a 9 out of 10 to Krema Smooth and Creamy peanut butter (which is actually exactly the same peanut butter as Crazy Richard's). It is super peanuty! This isn't too surprising since that's the only ingredient :-). I was a bit hesitant to try a peanut butter with oil separation, but it was very easy to stir in the oil that had settled on top. I've been keeping the jar in my refrigerator and have not had any oil settle to the top after stirring it (vigorously!) just that once. This peanut butter is super creamy, just like it says on the jar :-). My only complaint is that it is a bit too sticky for my liking. The taste is wonderful, but the texture is just a bit too much for me. I'm guessing I could get used to it though and even come to prefer it to the Skippy Natural. So far I've tried it on pita bread (see below) as well as on apples and bananas. I'm looking forward to trying it with oatmeal soon too (I think it will work well because it's so creamy!). Anyway, I would recommed trying it or at least another all natural peanut butter if you haven't since it is definitely a different experience than something such as Skippy Natural for instance. And here's a link to the Krema Peanut Butter Company website: http://www.kremaproducts.com/ They have lots of great products with something for everyone. And here are my pics:







And on another note, ever since the beginning of this year, I've been trying to practice yoga at least a few times a week. My favorite time of day to do it is right before bed since I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep, and flow yoga calms and relaxes me. I also love the fact that I have access to lots of free yoga videos online, such as on youtube! It's so easy - I have few excuses not to take the time for some yoga. It's also hard to get bored with so many different routines to try! -
-
Do any of you practice yoga? If so, what time of day do you prefer? Do you workout at home or at a gym/studio?
-
-

13 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'd love to throw some of my mom's homemade strawberry jam on that pita:)

    I used to do yoga when I worked at the Y (b/c it was free to employees!), but since then I haven't done it. I've thought about getting a yoga DVD though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your $0.02 on my raw post! I agree with you!

    I LOVE Krema PB! I won a giveaway and got 6 jars...mmm! :) Love, love, love!

    We do have a room in our house devoted to working out -- a treadmill, yoga mat, weights, balance ball, etc. I do some yoga (not enough and not as much as I'd like!), but when I do, I prefer mornings : )

    Have a great weekend, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has been talking up Richard's Peanut butter! I gotta try the stuff. I just discovered Barneys Almond Butter and I am addicted to that! The ultimate combo CHOCOLATE and Peanut Butter....come visit it's the last day of my chocolate give away :)
    http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/blog/2010/01/29/chocolate-ginger-truffles-with-cacao-smoked-sea-salt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review chickie...I love to do yoga in the evening or in the mornings when I finish a hard workout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! thank you for the comments on my blog! These two PB's look delicious! I wish they were sold in CA! I prefer yoga at night before I go to bed, I use it as a tool to make sure I stretch my muscles after an intense day of working out. Hot yoga in the morning DRAINS me for the rest of the day, so if I go to the study to do poweryoga I usually go to the 5pm class. I hope you had a great weekend! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try so hard to stick with yoga, and I feel so much better when I do, but it just doesn't happen!

    Congrats! You won my giveaway. Email me your address ok? Healthytwists @ gmail .com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm looks delish!

    -Ashlei

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Krema PB! just found your blog :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I went to follow your blog and my picture didn't upload, very strange! hmmm...
    Anyway, great review. I have had Krema Nut butters, and I really enjoy them a lot. Actually I live right down the street from a Krema Nut factory! I have never tried Crazy Richard's though. Currently I am hooked on Smart Balance's omega-3 crunchy peanut butter. I can't get enough of it, I eat it all day, everyday. haha.

    I do yoga in my home, from Exercise tv. Once I get more comfortable with it I want to go to a studio for more excitement and for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pb!!! One of my resolutions is to do yoga once a week, so I have Yoga Fridays :) I either do a video online or a dvd I have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE peanut butter so this post is my kinda topic! Have you tried Mara Natha - (sp?). I think it's the best ever!!

    Beth @ DiningAndDishing.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That peanut butter is really yummy! They sent me a bunch of jars about a month ago and I've already been through a couple! It's super creamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those PB's look GOOD!
    Thanks for the add!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).