Autumn

Autumn

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


And, no, not Happy Holidays since this is MY post ;-). I am very respectful of other's religious views or lack there of, but I see nothing wrong with wishing someone a Merry Christmas since it is essentially a secular holiday now (so it's similar to wishing someone a Happy Halloween). Even if you're not Christian, you probably can't avoid all the festivities that surrond this day for believers and nonbelievers alike. If you are Christian, then hopefully the phrase will serve as a reminder of the true "reason for the season" despite the commercialization of the holiday.

Anyway, I hope I've thoroughly explained myself, for I definitely don't want to offend on this day of all days. Really, I just hope that you all are able to spend this day in a way that brings joy to your heart, whether that be with family, enjoying delicious foods, at church, going for a nice, long run, or sitting in front of a fireplace with a cup of hot tea or cocoa on your lap. Enjoy!


space

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! there is one true reason for the season!! have a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :-).